Just saw this last night. There a bunch of the reasons to watch this show:
1. Graham Nash’s lovely version of Raining in My Heart, including a deft harmonica solo:
2. Stevie Nicks, still rock n roll queen, doing Not Fade Away
3. Keith Richards short quote. The guy is authentic! Like his autobiography.
4. What a band! Directed by Waddy Wachtel. Jerry Wexler-like musical direction. Strings and tuned-in backup singing.
5. To get an idea of Buddy’s body of work; I never put it all together before. The English were so far ahead of us Americans on great American music of the 50s and ’60s (and earlier).
Not everything is great, but the preponderance is pretty darn good. Hail rock and roll!
Just ran across a 2-part video of a Buddy Holly tribute in the ’80s: